Unintended Consequences

I love romance. When I meet someone who is single my natural inclination is to butt in and introduce them to another single person. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. There are more couples together than apart among my victims over the years. So what does this have to do with why I haven't blogged lately?

Well, two of my friends are one month away from becoming husband and wife. I introduced them to each other and got teary happy when they asked me to make the toast at the wedding. Like I said, I love romance. But I don't love the size of my behind and being the center of attention for even a few minutes gives me agita. Someone is going to take my picture when I raise that glass and I'll be damned if I don't manage to lose a few pounds before the blessed event.

Lamenting my situation to another friend (and a fellow guest at said wedding) caused her to say she'd bought Flat Belly Diet! and would give it to me to read. Instead, she bought me my own copy and now we are both Flat Belly devotees and smoothie lovers. There are lots of strategies and recipes in this plan. Some are pretty interesting ... like Dijon Pork Chops and Mexican Chicken Soup. Now that I have made it through the starvation jump start and am starting the act of changing my eating habits, I'm ready to share my success or failures when it comes to cooking a new way. At least until the wedding.

FROZEN FRUIT SMOOTHIE
1 cup skim milk
1 cup frozen fruit, unsweetened

Place the ingredients in a blender and pulse until well mixed and slushy. Resembles soft serve ice cream or a thick milkshake -- not quite as sweet but really good. The pineapple is my favorite. Oh wait, blueberry is amazing. Ya gotta try the peach. About 170 calories of yummy.

Comments

  1. Good for you! Maybe you'll inspire me...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration to many, Deb! Including me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. marie has been spinning. several of my friends hated it when we tried it. i love it.

    good for you.

    i saw the author of the fat belly diet book on the today show. seems very interesting.

    there are million different angles to come at the fitness issues.

    bottom line. moderate calories, activity, lots of veggies, and some fruit.... and most of all stick with it. and planning is very important. not to get stuck out somewhere hungry.

    i also plan to cheat. i love potatoe chips. every once in a while, i stop at 7-11 and buy a small bag of kettle chips. they are the only ones that i know that have the single serving size. and at night when i am watching a movie, i eat every single chip. i do not buy a big bag or ......

    i had to get over wanting to get "my money's worth." i know i can pay $1 more and have 10 times as much, but .....

    again, good for you !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grape Infused Vodka Update

The Joy of Holiday Cookies

Seasonal Surprises: Savory Blueberry Chutney